Sunday 5 February 2012

"Bag mein kya hai?" (What's in the bag?) - A language game

If you have seen any of my sessions you would be familiar with this game. I employ this simple activity to work upon skills of- instruction following,comprehension, identification, differentiation, naming of different objects, along with language stimulation & expansion and turn takng.


What do I do?
I take a small attractive/colourful bag , fill it with the objects of target words ( e.g transport vehicles or animals or daily objects etc). I swing the bag in front of the child while singing.."bag mein kya hai..." ( you can cook up your own tune) and ask the child to take out any 1 object. Then we talk about the target object/toy in hand..sing related rhymes and keep it away to move on to the next object.I switch turns and reward on each good attempt by the child.This activity works superbly in one on one or group sessions too. 
I also use it as an articulation game sometimes when I place small articulation cards of the sounds Im working on.
Tip - Choose a translucent bag, so that your child cant see its contents right away.Hence the mystery quotient is maintained..


You must give this game a try and I'm sure your little one will love it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment