Wednesday 10 August 2011

Inspiration

Greetings everyone! I am Pratiksha,an SLPA and I have been seeing kids with speech problems for more than 9 years.I got inspired to become a speech therapist by my niece who had delayed speech due to congenital hearing loss. I remember how difficult it was for our family to come out of the shock and the shambles of denial.But life moves on, and always for the good. My niece is now 11 and has made all of us proud by her exceptional academic skills and a caring streak for all around her!
I started Hear n Speak - Your local Speech & Hearing clinic in August 2009 in Noida.It's not merely a work place for me, but a platform where I can help and educate families and kids in need.
I am thankful to all those parents who have showered trust onto my approach of dealing with their lovely kids. I get enthused and motivated by the positive aura of all the brave mothers I have come across in my profession.I love my special kids with all my heart..
I am starting this blog to share my experiences as a therapist and a counsellor for parents of children with communication difficulties.
I sincerely feel that we all learn and grow by sharing with each other. Hence I look forward to learning from you all and hearing what therapy material and tips you like best!
It's worth to keep in mind that the tips and techniques that I would be sharing in this blog are just little starters to give you a direction of moving ahead with your child's speech progress. As there are many factors that govern the speech and language development of a child, it's always better to seek professional help in all accounts.
I dedicate this blog to all the fantastic moments I'v had while working with my special children.Sweeties you inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment